The Mission of the League of United Latin American Citizens is to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population of the United States.
- Respect your citizenship and preserve it; honor your country, maintain its tradition in the spirit of its citizens and embody yourself into its culture and civilization.
- Be proud of your origin and maintain it immaculate, respect your glorious past and help to defend the rights of all the people.
- Learn how to discharge your duties before you learn how to assert your rights; educate and make yourself worthy, and stand high in the light of your own deed; you must always be loyal and courageous.
- Filled with optimism, make yourself sociable, upright, judicious, and above all things be sober and collected in your habits, cautious in your actions and sparing in your speech.
- Believe in God, love Humanity and rely upon the framework of human progress, slow and sound, unequivocal and firm.
- Always be honorable and high-minded; learn how to be self-reliant upon your qualifications and resources.
- In war serve your country, in peace your convictions; discern, investigate, meditate, think, study, and at all times be honest and generous. Let your firmest purpose be that of helping to see that each new generation shall be of youth more efficient and capable and in this let your own children be included.